Friday, February 2, 2007

People Who Changed the World

In Relevance of the Study piece, I talked the about the nature of Quoth. That is to serve the purpose of communication - I believe the purpose of communication is found on better promises. Here I will talk about those people who changed the world.

During the early research and development stage of Quoth, it made me to think about those people who changed the world, and ask, what is their purpose? What represent their works? What proposition of their works relates to our past or current situations? Horizontally or vertically, what is the connection? These people who changed the world are many to mention, but I have listed some of them, namely as follow:

1. Henry Ford - Who revolutionized the manufacture of automobiles and thus eventually changed the lives of americans and of the world.
2. Wrigth Brothers (Orville and Wilbur) - Who invented the airplane.
3. William Gates II - Who dominate the computer world.
4. Philo T. Farnsworth - Inventor of television.
5. J.C.R. Licklider - Father of internet.
6. Edwin H. Armstrong - Radio inventor.
7. Thomas Alva Edison - Invented electric light and movies.
8. Samuel Morse - Inventor of telegraph.
9. Richard Woe - Inventor of rotary printing press.
10. Christian Schusele - His large canvass depicting Americans of the 19th century and had changed the world.
11. Edward Sorel - Similar canvass was printed depicting 20 Americans of the 20th century who also have changed the world.

Aware by the works of these people, my inquisitive outlook to understand things have guided and instructed me to search for answers and affirmation.

One day, the word "communication" struck me. It leads me to examine the communication infrastructure development history. In my research, I read about the birth of language and writing systems from c. 3000 B.C. to present discoveries and innovations. This includes pictographs, hieroglyphic, tortoise shell, oracle bones, papyrus roll, paper, book, printing press, libraries, computers, telegraph, photography, movies, telephone, magnetic recording, televisions, integrated circuits, micro chips, internet, and cell phone. Enlightened by these thoughts, I relate my research to some of these people I mentioned who changed the world. The relation leads me to notice that all their works seems relating, forming, and directing into something in which at that foremost stage is not clear to me.

My findings above have made me to submit myself more just to find the answer. When I consulted the moral theology, I found this from the Holy Father, John Paul II. "Learning this Trinitarian shape of Christian prayer and living it fully, above all in the liturgy, the summit and source of the Church's life, but also in personal experience is the secret of a truly vital Christianity, which has no reason to fear the future, because it returns continually to the sources and finds in them new life." (Novo millennio ineunte, 32) Blessed JOSEMARIA ESCRIVA Founder of Opus Dei, Bulletin No. 19, Manila. Note that the words of the Holy Father have inspired and guided me in fulfilling the essence of my endeavor ever since.

Again, The word "communication" struck me While ‘m doing progress in my research. This time, it made me to realize that those people who changed the world and the communication infrastructure development history are interwoven. And when I relate my understanding to the words of the Holy Father, it made me to see the connection. That is, the connection energizes the works of the people and serve the purpose of communication.

Having this finding, I thought about "in-between time." That is, the time after this realization and before the fulfillment of the words of the Holy Father. I may sound doctrinaire, but I believe the words of the Holy Father can only be achieved by means of connection. That is, the people need that ultimate and intimate sense of connection to make and achieve the results.

Currently, I am appreciating those people who changed the world. I believe, there is good to benefit from them with their works like increasing our connection and/or implementing of something new.

Thinking about "Quoth," it reminds me of the words of the Holy Father.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home